This agreement is between [MENTEE NAME], an independent contractor and Theresa Sherron Photography.
In exchange for adequate and valuable consideration, Mentee agrees to these terms for the following mentorship as follows:
1. Online mentorship
2. Defining business-editing (presets given)-styling-engaging with clients techniques for photographers to further their expertise as a photographer.
3. Access to private facebook group with continued support with other photographers who have attended workshops / in person mentorships / online mentorships that include my presets
4. mentee agrees not to become a mentor through editing until after 15 months if the mentee decides to do so. Presets will not be shared or sold.
5. Mentee agrees not to sell presets or "tweak" presets and say they are their own to sell. EVEN when the contract is up & if you're using TSP presets, agreed not to sell or teach editing
Terms and Conditions
1. The Mentor agrees to deliver the Mentee a mentorship as a work-for-hire independent contractor providing mentorship services.
3. The Mentee is responsible for providing all of the equipment of use with which to complete the mentorship unless agreed upon otherwise.
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure. The Mentee understands that all materials, including but not limited to, price lists, contracts, financial documents, agreements, and other information or documents that are given to them in the course of the mentorship are the exclusive property of the Mentor and are privileged and confidential information. The Mentee shall not disclose, whether for compensation or not, the confidential information obtained from the Mentor to anyone unless required to do so by law.
- Transfers/Refunds. The mentorship fee is non-refundable. The mentorship fee MAY/MAYNOTbe transferred to another mentee subject to the approval of the Mentor. Transferring is the responsibility of the Mentee.
- Cancellation. The Mentor shall make every effort to give the Mentee advanced notice of any changes. The Mentee shall 2 weeks notice to the Mentor or shall forfeit the mentorship deposit. In the event that an assignment is cancelled, the Mentor will provide notice to the Mentee as soon as practicable. Mentor is not liable for damages incurred in reliance on this agreement.
- Non-Compete. Mentee shall not compete as a Business - editing related photography mentor or mentorship Mentor within 15 months of the completion date of this mentorship. This includes, but is not limited to, in-person, online, forum-based mentoring as well as digital products, whether for compensation or not.
- Schedule. The mentorship schedule is subject to change and no adjustment/proration of fees shall be applied if the schedule changes due to extenuating circumstances.
- Mentee Preparation. The mentee is required to have basic working knowledge of current editing+posing practices via Theresa Sherron questionnaire. The Mentee shall complete and submit any assigned pre-work to the Mentor at least 2 days prior to the mentoring session(s). Failure to adequately complete and/or submit assigned pre-work will result in rescheduling/forfeiture of the mentoring session.
- Recording. The mentee shall not capture the mentoring session in any capacity, including but not limited to voice recording, tape recording, photography, etc. The Mentor DOES/DOES NOTallow for behind-the-scenes still-photography to occur.
- Photographic Materials. In the event the mentorship includes practicing of photography on models, the Mentee SHALL/SHALL NOT be allowed to publish the photographs as their own original work.
All photographic materials obtained in the course of the mentorship shall remain copyright property of the creator per Copyright Law Title 17, Appendix V. Additional Provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 2005, Section 102.
- Cooperative Attitude. The Mentee shall retain a cooperative attitude throughout the course of the mentorship. At any time the Mentee acts uncooperative the Mentor shall terminate the mentorship and retain all mentorship fees. Cooperation includes, but is not limited to, online and in-person decorum whether directed at Mentor or a third party in reference to the mentorship.
- Indemnification. The Mentor shall be held harmless for any and all injury to Mentee and Mentee’s business and equipment during the course of the mentorship and the immediately surrounding events.